Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

e-mails alphabets and Forum

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:02:43 +0200
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~math.technion.ac.il>

As Passepartout said to the happy new - married Fogg, after the Tour, "we
could do the Tour du Monde in less time if ..." etc...

So we in our 80 sec try.
The problems of technology make us still sweat i find it more "human" , otherwise  Verne s times and sense will perhaps seem very far from us. So less speed-  better adaption to new times.

I think it s interesting anyway and more interesting that i had personally thought in the beginning.

as i was informed, even if Angela s server had no problem, is very difficult to precount the time a message takes to arrive somewhere, because we had to know all the biais/ the "roads"  the different servers and routers use; sometimes they follow a complicate itinery and time is loosen.

I think also, that Forum was not a good idea to serve as mediator for the alerts and so on, it was better to be adressed in personal inbox, as it had been defined in the beginning, because messages in Forum have a standard delay, as i often remarked, and Martijn  did nt was prevent about that

Greetings to everybody

Constantina

About greek fonts it seems it was too optimistic by me to identify "my language" with my alphabet. I do feel sorry about that, but i thought the problem had been taken in account.
I suppose Swati wrote in Latin alphabet. I wonder if we had Japenese participations...
  Received on Thu 23 Dec 1999 - 11:03:33 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$