Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Fwd: Lottman

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:25:47 -0500
To: jvf~at~Gilead.org.il

Dear jvf: My appreciation of Art's answer follows.  Is he kidding, that he can't remember where he published such remarks?  If he isn't, can anyone help him & me find the original?  I repeat, does anyone else think Lottman is "infamous," implying his work is worthless?  Cheers!  Walter

attached mail follows:

Thanks, Art.  It's a shame that you can't remember where you published that!  But my question was, does anybody else think Lottman is "infamous"! Us professors of lit are quite accustomed by now to the fact that many important bios of writers are about them as quotidian personalities not as creative artists. I don't think Lottman can stand alone as a biographical source: he needs be read together with more literary studies. So I guess I unwittingly agreed with you as soon as I read Lottman.  Maybe I'm extra touchy here because I found a quote from him precisely what I needed at a crucial point in my critical commentaries in The Meteor Hunt. I'll try to find your original review of Lottman.  Thanks for all the effort on my behalf.  Cheers!  Walter
Received on Wed 02 Feb 2005 - 06:56:22 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$