Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

RE: 〈一个中国绅士的遭遇〉译本

From: wbutcher <wbutcher~at~netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:08:01 +0800
To: "'WANG RENCAI'" <wrencai~at~hotmail.com>
Cc: <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>


Rencai,

Merci bien du nouveau message. Et félicitations encore d'avoir vaincu la
censure des autorités nationales, qui veulent souvent réécrire
l'histoire. Il y a tout un travail à faire pour voir pourquoi Verne
soutenait les Taiping et s'il connaissait des Chinois en France. Mon
intuition, c'est que c'est son ami et premier critique, le romancier Thé
ophile Gautier, qui a servi d'intermédiaire, mais je n'ai pas de preuve.

Cela me semble une très bonne idée d'essayer de faire publier votre
traduction à Hongkong, sans doute en caractères traditionnels.
Pourriez-vous m'envoyer un exemplaire svp, en indiquant le prix que je dois
payer?

Très cordialement,

Bill
wbutcher~at~netvigator.com
http://verne.tk/
1/F, 46A, Lung mei Village, Taipo, Hong Kong


-----Original Message-----
From: WANG RENCAI [mailto:wrencai~at~hotmail.com]
Sent: 04 February 2005 21:56
To: wbutcher~at~netvigator.com
Cc: jvf~at~Gilead.org.il
Subject: 〈一个中国绅士的遭遇〉译本

Dear Bill:
     Acturally, I have translated this wonderful novel 4 year ago. It was
last May a friend of mine helped me get it published by the Broadcasting
and Television Publishing House.You know why? In 2000, after I had finished
translation I gave it to 3 defferent publishing Houses, all the editors
assured that it was a best version,very good in Chinese; but when it was
passed on to the Head of the Publishing House.He would say he didnot want
to get into the trouble,because Jules Verne wrote much about the Taipan,
since Taipan was regarded by the Communist Party as a peasants'movement.But
Jules Verne told the truth.It was last year several articles about Taipan
had published, they all accused the Head of Taipan of his tyrant actions. I
decided to find another publisher, and it had come out.Thank goodness.
Another story, What makes me write this message to you? The authorities of
my college said "Tribulations of a Chinese Gentleman in China" is not
well-known,but I said Jules Verne is well-known, so does all of his
works,what's more Jules Verne wrote only one book based on China. They ask
me to gether imformation about him and his works. I seached the imformation
on the net,I found your address. I might want to correct a few typoes and
get it published again if you can do that in Hong Kong or elswhere.
Names of the characters might not be a problem but the places, I had to
consult several ancient maps in the library.
      Let us keep in touch.
         Wang Rencai
        Changsha, Hunan University, Foreign Languages College, North
Campus
        Phone: 0731-8882192 Moblephone: 13055165338





>From: "wbutcher" <wbutcher~at~netvigator.com>
>To: <wrencai~at~hotmail.com>
>CC: "'Jules Verne Forum'" <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>
>Subject: RE: 〈一个中国绅士的遭遇〉译本
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:45:43 +0800
>
>Dear Mr Wang,
>
>That is fantastic news! I've always been puzzled why it was apparently
never
>translated before into Chinese - and wondered whether some of the Chinese
>names and words in the book could be identified, and hence translated.
>
>Wishing you every success with it,
>
>Bill
>wbutcher~at~netvigator.com
>http://verne.tk/
>1/F, 46A, Lung mei Village, Taipo, Hong Kong
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il [mailto:owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il] On Behalf
Of
>WANG RENCAI
>Sent: 04 February 2005 12:46
>To: jvf~at~Gilead.org.il
>Subject: 〈一个中国绅士的遭遇〉译本
>
>先生/女士:
>The Tribulations of the Chinese Gentleman By Jules Verne has been
>translated by Wang Rencai. A Teacher in Hunan University, Foreign
Languages
>College. Published by China Broadcast and Television Publishing House.名为

>〈一个中国绅士的遭遇〉
>Contact me If you have any questions: wrencai~at~hotmail.com Call:
>13055165338
>凡尔纳的该小说The Tribulations of the Chinese Gentleman已由湖南大学外国语学

>院王仁才翻译。由中国广播电视出版社出版。
>联系: 13055165338 wrencai~at~hotmail.com 王仁才
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>与联机的朋友进行交流,请使用 MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/cn
>

_________________________________________________________________
免费下载 MSN Explorer: http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/
Received on Sat 05 Feb 2005 - 05:08:26 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$