Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Mondial update

Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:45:56 -0500
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>

I don't know if the following will be of interest about Sagacom. It is a big exhibition company, does auto shows, wine expositions, etc.

Sagacom
Avenue de L'Hippodrome 80011 Amiens cedex
Tél : 03-22-66-09-09 - Fax : 03-22-66-33-30

Ms. Waquet's number is 03-22-66-33-36

From the united states you would dial Ms. Waquet at

011-33-322-66-33-66. that is

Int-code+country-code+city-code+local-phone no. In France they add a zero in front of the city code and do not use the country code or the international code.

I managed to pay in euros to the SWIFT account NORDFRPP from a euro account in Germany for the 6 day program.

It is not clear what the AGRIFRPP is for. Perhaps lodging.

Hotel reservations can be made from the Amiens city site

http://www.amiens.fr/decouvrir/tourisme.asp

kindly provided by Garmt d'Vries. They have a nice map whiere the restaurants, hotels, blink in little colored squares. The restaurants are red squares and the blue squares are hotels. When you hover over a hotel or restaurant it's name and address pop up in a window. I found a hotel in the next street to the Brasserie Jules. The site lists lots of 2 star hotels, some with fax, or you may have to try the phone. I was disappointed to see that most of the restaurants were named "Quick" or "Pizza". C'est la vie. Google on Amiens Hotels gives lots or reservation companies, but maybe not a lot of 2 star hotels.

It is not clear if the 6 day program includes a hotel in Nantes or not. I believe ethe TGV to Nantes is included, but not absolutely sure.

From an email from C. Giton it appears that there will be various rooms, each devoted to a separate country and Jules Verne. I quote from her email:

".....
I would be very glad to receive a copy by email, because we are going to publish the talks in our next Revue Jules Verne, so we will need to have the talks in English translated as soon as possible.

As you are going to make a thematic talk (that means not a talk about Jules Verne in a specific country), I'm afraid you will normally be in a room where there will be no visual aid (but if you need absolutly one, I will try to see what I can do)...."

I don't know what this means, a thematic talk, really. It appears there will be some visual aids.

In another email she said papers were needed by March 10. I don't know if Anglos will be allowed to give their talks in fractured french. I am prepearing two versiions.

I recall one conference I attended where it was necessary to include French stamps for your reply letter. So this one is really a breeze in comparison. One thing you can be sure of though, when the French do something, they do it right.

Don't forget Easter follows directly after the conference! Go to Switzerland for the weekend.

N Wolcott nwolcott2~at~post.harvard.edu
Received on Fri 11 Feb 2005 - 18:47:12 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$