Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: Ile Tabor

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:21:40 +0200
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

Hi,

I was allready longtime ago doing the research for this island. If you know french and have access to some older Bulletins from la Société Jules Verne you can find an article concerning this reef; if you know german, you can have a look at www.j-verne.de/verne8_4.html where you find everything what is known about it.
Shortly: its existence is very douptfull, its position as well, and if it exists it will be a submerged rock close under the water surface.... If it exists it will be under the jurisdication of french polynesia...

B.K.

mail from:

Bernhard Krauth

have a look at:

www.jules-verne-club.de

www.bernhard-krauth.de

www.bremerhavenpilot.de

----- Original Message -----
  To: 'Jules Verne Forum'
  Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:43 PM
  Subject: Re: Ile Tabor

Talking about that, is there a Web page of something showing that Maria-Theresa / Tabor island? Is it populated? What does it look like in reality?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il [mailto:owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il] On Behalf Of Jean-Pierre Boutin
  Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:35 AM
  To: Jules Verne Forum
  Subject: Re: Ile Tabor

Yes, I have several atlases showing the Maria-Theresa reef as île Tabor. All the atlases were published before ca. 1870. One of these atlases is that is the atlas volume of the numerous editions of the "Géographie Universelle" by Malte-Brun .... one of the reference book of Jules Verne.
  I can provide you references and scans.
  Best regards
  Jean-Pierre
Received on Tue 26 Jul 2005 - 03:20:50 IDT

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$