Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: La Guimard / Drama or comedy???

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:20:40 +0100
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>

Dear Ariel,

it's projected to be published in book form (some 600 pages or more) and in French because titles and most texts (prefaces and announcements) to be quoted are in this language. Will be considered only original texts (in most cases in French, some in English), not the different translations or deriving objects (plays, films, comics etc.). Works by Pierre, Paul and Michel Verne will be taken into consideration.

The form is nearley the same as the online one, but only nearly, with some other categories and subcategories. The book will give informations on writing, manuscripts, variants, publication, dates, collaboraters, "authenticity", related documents etc. of all known works in published and unpublished form of Jules Verne. It will be a dictionnary for scholars, not at all for book collectors (as the biblographies by André Bottin, Piero Gondolo della Riva and Philippe Jauzac). I'm working on it for 16 years but there is still some work to do so that it could be published probably in 2008 or later. I've already an editor so I can tranquilly continue working on it's completion.

Private collections (letters etc.) are only considered after direct contact and after agreement of the manner to be quoted.

Best regards, Volker

Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il> schrieb am 22.02.06 18:07:32:

Dear Volker:

Dear friends,

I consider "La Guimard" as a comedy, so it is ranged in my still unpublished "Catalogue of Jules Verne's works" which served some years ago in a provisional version as model for the reducedIs this "Catalogue of Jules Verne's works" larger than the one that is in Zvi's site? Is there any other new category in your catalogue? Have you thought about putting online this list? or you plan to publish it into a book format?

Regards,
Ariel

Received on Wed 22 Feb 2006 - 21:20:52 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$