Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Lulu and centre of the Earth

Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:27:29 -0400
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

Lulu (www.lulu.com) has gone international and has solved the high postage problem to Europe by opening a printing service in the UK. So Now the benefits of Lulu will be available to the EU as well as the US. I was unable to find Ron Miller's "Centre of the Earth", I don't know if he has removed it. He has about 15 other books he has written or illustrated on Lulu. The books I put on Lulu (the Blockade Runners, dual language version) are available at Lulu cost, their minimum is $6 per book. When the Floating City is added in the cost will probably be not more than $8, much less than the high priced POD books on Amazon. I have changed the options so the PDF file should be a free download, 47 Meg. The illustrations do not show well in a browser, should really be printed out. They are optimized for a 600 dpi laser printer, which is what Lulu uses. For an inkjet photo printer better images can be obtained, but by using 600 dpi at 8 1/2 x 11 one has the same appearance as a smaller book at 1200 dpi resoloution. Hopefully eventually 1200 dpi lasere will be used for enhanced printing.

The founder of Lulu was one the founders of Red Hat, so we may be looking at the next Ebay here.
nwolcott2~at~post.harvard.edu
Received on Tue 18 Apr 2006 - 21:28:02 IDT

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$