Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: See where everyone in the 'Jules Verne Forum Members' Group is

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:00:34 +0200
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

Dear Zvi,

that is a good idea, so once you created the complete thing give us a notice, then I will join immediately. This gives the advantage to update the informations about a person himself so that every change is visible for Forum members as soon as somebody like to make it public. The other thing is looking nice, but looks to me very public to everyone in the moment.

By the way: the number 95 in your list is not any more reachable under that adress, you might cancel him.

Brgds

Bernhard

mail from:

Bernhard Krauth

have a look at:

www.jules-verne.eu

www.jules-verne-club.de

www.bernhard-krauth.de

www.bremerhavenpilot.de

----- Original Message -----
  To: Jules Verne Forum
  Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:29 AM
  Subject: Re: See where everyone in the 'Jules Verne Forum Members' Group is

Dear Forum friends,

I have a practical suggestion. The JVF has already a member's page, http://JV.Gilead.org.il/forum/members.html, which has the name, e-mail address and flag of every member. Unfortunately, it is is out of date, mainly because many new members have e-mail addresses which do not reveal their nationality (like gmail.com, hotmail.com and other global mail services). For some of the members, it has a link to their homepage.My suggestion is to add a link, for each member who is interested in it, for extra information. This info page will be private for the forum members. I also suggest that you send me this information to my personal email, and not the forum, since the forum archive is public. I am starting constructing these pages for the people who already sent their info to the forum, and go on as I have more info. I can also add pictures from the pictures I have taken in the Mondial Jules Verne, or pictures you supply. I can also check how to add the maps from Google-Maps, if desired. This will be a very good addition to the forum.

Best,

Zvi.

BGYKrauth wrote, On 01/08/06 02:51:

Hi,

I just tried it out, you'll find me there. But I see aproblem: protection against "outsiders". There are two, the one is the "matt" from the server, so never mind. But who is that brasilian one from Rio Grande do Sul (nice place I have seen from only its river estuary, nothing else...)?? But obviously: it is a nice thing, but don't you think it is enough having a special part inside Zvi's Forum he can create for "only members"? Why should we split of in thousends of groups etc....? I see the problem of its real use allready in our german JV - Club: we have two yahoo - groups, one for the "leaders", one for everyone interested - but the use of both is quite small.... Let's try to unify, not to spread out widely...

Best regards

Bernhard

mail from:

Bernhard Krauth

have a look at:

www.jules-verne.eu

www.jules-verne-club.de

www.bernhard-krauth.de

www.bremerhavenpilot.de

----- Original Message -----
      To: jvf~at~Gilead.org.il
      Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 11:22 PM
      Subject: See where everyone in the 'Jules Verne Forum Members' Group is on a map!

'Jules Verne Forum Members' now has a Group Map on Frappr so we can all see each other on a map!
      Come put yourself on the map, too!

Here's a message from Harry Hayfield:
      "All you need to do is just add your location and any other details that you want to"

To see the 'Jules Verne Forum Members' map, click below or paste the URL into your browser
      http://www.frappr.com/?a=widgetlandingg&gid=714680&giv=1

-- 
Dr. Zvi Har'El      mailto:rl~at~math.technion.ac.il    Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-4227607 icq:179294841    Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
fax:+972-4-8293388  http://www.math.technion.ac.il/~rl/    Haifa 32000, ISRAEL
"If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all." -- Thumper (1942)
Received on Tue 01 Aug 2006 - 12:10:14 IDT

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$