Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Pelka

Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:34:03 -0700
To: <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>

Pelk I'll be glad to copy my Boy's Own Paper edition and mail it too you.

Please send me an email with your address at house~at~hypperbone.com if you're interested

Greg Kinney

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Fri 2/16/2007 7:43 AM
To: Jules Verne Forum
Subject: Re: first children's edition

Dear friends,

I am doing MA Thesis about Jules Verne at the University of Antwerpen, Belgium (and, doing my research, I have learned that beside Dr. Ox, there is another relation of Verne and Belgium: his publisher and friend, Hetzel, spent several years in exile in Brussels during turbulent years in France of Napoleon, just before the Voyages extraordinaires started).

Now, I would greatly appreciate any and all advice and help with respect to the Verne novel "The Will of an Eccentric".

Until now, I have located only one English language edition of "The Will of an Eccentric" - Sampson Low, Marston and Co., London, 1900, but only in overseas university libraries, and, all in special collections, unavailable for inter-library loan service.

I was not able to find it at the Amazon site either.

I was only able to find the German edition at the Amazon.de site, but, alas, they do not ship do Belgium this particular item (just wonder why this can be).

Unfortunately, my French skills are, well, like advanced beginner (nice oxymoron...), which is why I would greatly appreciate any help - I need this book just to read it and make notes and afterwards I would gladly return it.

Quid pro quo: I have just found great small bookstore in Brussels where there is a quite a nice series of "le Livre de Poche" Verne edition with beautiful front cover as well as complete original illustrations, a paperback facsimile of the original Hetzel edition (almost another oxymoron), only as small as regular paperbacki.e. 11 by 18 cm). I would be more than happy to exchange perhaps favors, as the case might be.

Looking forward to any replies.

Best wishes,

Jiri Pelka

I

Received on Fri 16 Feb 2007 - 17:36:55 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$