Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: FW: JCE Progress Report

Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:25:23 -0500 (EST)
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>

Watcha Har,
  Cool, you're a limey too. How do you manage with those Welsh place names though? You need a pint of phlegm in your throat just to pronounce them. :)
Anyhow...call me a moron and slap me silly around the face with a wet sausage, but I'm afraid it has all gone completely over my head. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it a right cracker of an idea, but how would everyone get together and stuff? Unless everyone gets their parts filmed where they live and then you splice all the bits together to make a whole.
Also, there is a big flaw in the script. And that is that back when JCE was written there was no such thing as Hollywood, so how could Hans want to break into it?
Anyway, as I said before, let me know if I can help. Just keep in mind that I don't have much in the way of readies, as all my dosh is tied up in funding my trip to England this summer.
One other idea though. We could rewrite the entire script of JCE and bring it into the 21st century, complete with a (c)raft that can sail through molten lava, make Grauben one of the intrepid explorers and have extra dinosaurs. Maybe even throw in a Dalek for good measure.
  Gillian

Harry Hayfield <welshliberaldemocrat~at~yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
      Orginal Message Failed
  -----Original Message-----
From: Harry Hayfield [mailto:welshliberaldemocrat~at~yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 21 February 2007 12:07 pm
To: Jules Verne Forum
Subject: RE: JCE Progress Report

Well, isn't it a good thing that I can pass myself off as an Englishman of the highest regard then (you see Gillian I may LIVE in Wales, but I was brought up by English parents). If you Google for Time Tunnel Productions and then listen to one of their audio files you will see what I mean!

I only put forward the suggestion of the Montanan badlands as a discussion topic to generate a debate on what part of the world (near to where members reside) could double for the landscape of Iceland, however so far no debate has emerged.

If you have a look in the archives on the main website you should find my two suggestions for a pre credits sequence (one set in Iceland which was rejected as it was deemed incorrect and the other set in Copenhagen which was also deemed incorrect). The rest of the thing will be done as is from the book (with perhaps a little more dialogue / action for Hans as he wants to break into Hollywood one day!).
    -----Original Message-----
From: owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il [mailto:owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il]On Behalf Of Gillian
Sent: 20 February 2007 11:36 pm
To: Jules Verne Forum
Subject: Re: JCE Progress Report

Watcha,
  This is my first email to the group. I am writing out of sheer ignorance which is disguised as pure common sense to my Limey brain. I have been reading with great interest but still cannot fathom how a film is to be made of JCE using members of this forum. I am in Canada and would love to act the part of Grauben if someone is willing to fund my trip to the Badlands and if I could meet the handsome Eric and fall madly in love with him and live happily ever after and have 1.2 children. (Although my hubby may have a few words on that matter). Ah well...he's probably gay anyway. (Eric, not my hubby).
  Also Harry, how can you play Arne when you must have a Welsh accent that was initially invented to spit on us English under the guise of polite conversation? I love Wales and have been there many times but it is very annoying to have to wash the spit out of my hair every time I speak with the Welsh.
  Also, who is going to fund the picture? Do we all like throw in a bag of cash? If so...I could be the treasurer. I promise I won't spend it on frivolous things like nighties, makeup, a cuckoo clock or a Porsche.
  Anyway...on a less serious note, I mean...MORE serious note, let me know if I can be of help. For instance, if you need a liason officer between you lot and Eric. I can be quite persuasive when the mood strikes. I can also provide a red wig. Well, it's really blonde, but I could dye it red.
  Ok...that's enough for now, especially as you are all now probably shaking your heads and tut-tutting at how such as I can belong to such a pristine, intellectual and austere group.
  Tata for now,
  Gillian

Harry Hayfield <welshliberaldemocrat~at~yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Received on Fri 23 Feb 2007 - 00:01:27 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$