Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: New xlation 5 weeks in a balloon

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:12:28 +0200
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

Dear Norm,

thank you very much - but translating all the Voyages... what an undertaking! No, that's an error. In fact, I'm the editor of 5 Verne titles, and I translated 3 of them (Centre of Earth, From Earth to Moon und 20,000 leagues - the last to be published in november), the other two titles are Around the moon and 80 Days by other translators, only the notes, commentaries, the postface and the chronology of Verne's life and the specific novel are mine. you see: no 5 weeks.

As for the biography (same publischer, Artemis & Winkler, Düsseldorf), critics were very kind, but it sold not well (560 pages - too voluminous?) and will disappear from market in next time...

cheers, Volker

> According to JVNews Volker Dehs, author of the definitive biography ( in German) or the life of Jules Verne, has just published a new translation of 5 weeks in a balloon (also in German), number V001 in the JVE sequencing of the Voyages Extraordinaire. Volker and I accidentaly stayed at the same small hotel in Amiens at the Mondial in 2005. My question and suspiscion is that isVolker is starting with V001 and intends to progress through all the Voyages in order (German grundlichkeit), a mamoth undertaking. ? Good luck Volker!
>
> nwolcott2~at~post.harvard.edu
Received on Thu 20 Sep 2007 - 19:16:05 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$