Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: Lighthouse at the End of the World

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:05:48 +0000
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

Hi

Oh, yes, there is a novel by that name written by Jules and/or Michel. I just happen to be reading the William Butcher translation of this novel (the original Jules manuscript) and there is no monkey in it.

It's been a while since I've read the Jules/Michel version, but I don't recall a monkey in that one either. > From: valerysmol~at~mail.ru> To: jvf~at~Gilead.org.il> Subject: Re: Lighthouse at the End of the World> Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:15:58 +0300> > > Correctly, Mark! It is a thriller! I read this novel many years ago and, maybe, I remember not all, but it seems to me, Verne, really, had written no such novel.> > By the way, who remembers: in this novel there was the monkey (Mario)?> > -----Original Message-----> From: Mark Eckell <mark_eckell@hotmail.com>> To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf@Gilead.org.il>> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:17:29 +0000> Subject: Re: Lighthouse at the End of the World> > > > > Hi Sid> > > > If it's the one Kirk Douglas was in, it was pretty grim and gruesome and not very entertaining.> > > > From: Skravitz@aol.com> > Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:53:57 -0500> > Subject: Lighthouse at the End of the World> > To: jvf@Gilead.org.il> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > The publication of Bill Butcher's English > > translation of "The Lighthouse at the End of the World" reminds me of an > > incident that occurred some 50 years ago. At the time the only JV > > novels I knew about were the ones in the New York City public > > libraries. A movie was playing called "The Lighthouse at the End of the > > World" and the newspaper advertisements said that the movie was based on a novel > > Verne had written. Considering myself something of a JV expert I wrote to > > some New York City fraud investigating office bitterly complaining the Verne had > > written no such novel.> > Sid Kravitz> > > > > > Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year. > > > > _________________________________________________________________> > Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give.> > http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join> >
Received on Tue 29 Jan 2008 - 19:05:59 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$