<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Betty Harless has passed away

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:41:47 -0500
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

It is with sadness that I must report that Betty Harless, one of the
founding members of the North American Jules Verne Society (NAJVS) has
passed away.

Many in the international community may not know her, but it was her persistent, never quit attitude that helped get the NAJVS launched and off the ground.

It was Betty, that tracked me down in Canada, for instance, and put me in touch with other American collectors. Till then, I was pretty much isolated, and collecting on my own. It was that contact, and that new friendship, that led all of us to meet in 1993 and form the Society.

Here is her obituary:
The Indianapolis Star
Harless, Betty J. - February 12, 2008
Betty J. Harless 70, Indianapolis, passed away on February 5, 2008. She was born in Indianapolis and was a lifelong resident. Betty was a registered nurse, and worked at various location throughout Indianapolis. She was an avid reader, and particularly enjoyed her vast collection of rare Jules Verne books. She is survived by her husband, Jim Harless; and children, Shelley Frigge, Diana Meyer, Michael Harless and Steven Harless. Per Betty's request, no formal memorial or burial services will be held. Memorial contributions may be made to the Susan G. Komen organization.
She was a very strong and determined woman, and a great and caring friend.

Andrew Nash

<anash at julesverne.ca>, Toronto, Canada
Jules Verne Web Page: http://www.julesverne.ca/
Member of: North American Jules Verne Society, Incorporated & Société Jules Verne (Paris) Received on Fri 22 Feb 2008 - 19:49:45 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2009/02/01 22:36:11 $$