Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: Verniana

Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 18:18:29 -0000
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

That sounds a bit like my version that I placed in the Creative Commons Licence in 2008 (although mine was aimed at a theatre group with 15 - 20 people). I'd be very interested to see it as well (if only to figure out how small a company can put on a major production of something)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il [mailto:owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il]On Behalf Of mystery1881~at~verizon.net
  Sent: 10 February 2010 6:14 pm
  To: jvf~at~Gilead.org.il
  Subject: Re: Verniana

Jean-Michel, As a lucky coincidence at JV's birthday, I happened to be able to attend a production of an adaptation of Around the World in 80 Days here in Tarpon Springs, FL. There were only 5 actors playing all the parts (Passepartout was played by a woman), and there was a warning -No Balloon. Recalling the original play, I was hoping for an elephant! They had an interesting minimal set - with a world map in the background, and used a table turned around in various configurations for just about every vehicle, with ships' names printed on the different side-faces, so that you only saw them when that ship was in use. The elephant had the table covered with a gray cloth. Would you like a copy of the play bill? Yours,David McCallister
Received on Wed 10 Feb 2010 - 20:18:40 IST

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2010/02/10 19:00:02 $$