Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability

Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:35:51 +0000
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

There is also an album Jules Verne, which is not for sale but offered during a one-month period with the purchase of 2 or 3 titles from the Pleiade. I am not sure how this works by mail, but it would be worthwhile asking the seller about it. The album was edited by Francois Angelier and has splendid images and photographs I had never seen. I could make additional inquiries about the album if anyone is interested.

Marie-Hélène

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:40 PM
To: Jules Verne Forum
Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability

Thanks so much, Rick and Garmt! I had looked at the Amazon.fr pages, of course, but was wary of trans-Atlantic shipping. However, given your recommendations, I'm no longer concerned. Thanks for your help, and for pardoning my ignorance.

So, unless anyone else has other methods to offer, I'll go with Amazon.

Alex

On May 17, 2012, at 10:26 AM, "Rick Walter" <rick1walter~at~comcast.net> wrote:

> Yes, Amazon.fr is astonishingly efficient -- I've ordered dozens of items from them using my regular amazon acct., and their normal delivery barely takes a week. In fact,
> I've placed both domestic and overseas orders on the same day and have seen the latter arrive first.
>
> All the best,
>
> Rick
>
> Frederick Paul Walter
> Albuquerque, New Mexico
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Garmt de Vries-Uiterweerd" <garmtdevries~at~gmail.com>
> To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>
> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:56 AM
> Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability
>
>
>> Alex,
>>
>> Why don't you just order from amazon.fr? A search for "verne pleiade"
>> shows both the coffret and the single volumes. I'm sure they can be
>> shipped to the US.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Garmt.
>>
>> On 17 May 2012 16:01, Alex Kirstukas <infernalnonsense~at~yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Just a quick question about the new Verne volumes in the Bibliotheque de la Pleiade - I've been looking forward to this release for quite some time, but so far I haven't found a bookseller who deals with Pleiade volumes. Can any American members of the Forum advise me as to the best way to purchase the volumes? Private replies are fine.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
Received on Thu 17 May 2012 - 20:36:09 IDT