Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability

Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:10:13 +0200
To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

That is the point – I was thinking about making order for the 2 JV vol and some additional – but I presume amazon or even other online-offerings do NOT include the free Album. Actually I am looking on a good number of them offered at ebay.fr, but additionally to the price there is almost allways a high amount for postage...

Bernhard

mail from:

Bernhard Krauth

have a look at:

www.jules-verne.eu
www.jules-verne-club.de
www.bernhard-krauth.de
www.bremerhavenpilot.de

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:01 PM
To: Jules Verne Forum
Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability

I should add to the information given by Marie-Hélène the following:
1 - you must buy 3 tittles from the Pleiade collection to get free the Pleiade "Album Jules Verne"
2- this offer is valid for 1 month (i.e. it ends 15/05/2012). The book seller said me that the albums are usually out of print before the deadline
3- It seems me that the offer is only valid in book shops (it is said on the album case that it is a gift from the book seller). I am not sure that Internet merchants such as Amazon et al. offer the same service. I personally got my Pleiade "Album Jules Verne" in a FNAC book shop (buying the 2 JV vol. and the Edgar Allan Poe vol. "Oeuvres en prose").
Enjoy,
Jean-Pierre

Le 17 mai 2012 à 19:35, Marie-Helene Huet a écrit :

> There is also an album Jules Verne, which is not for sale but offered during a one-month period with the purchase of 2 or 3 titles from the Pleiade. I am not sure how this works by mail, but it would be worthwhile asking the seller about it. The album was edited by Francois Angelier and has splendid images and photographs I had never seen. I could make additional inquiries about the album if anyone is interested.
>
> Marie-Hélène
>
> ________________________________________
> From: owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il [owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il] on behalf of Alex Kirstukas [infernalnonsense~at~yahoo.com]
> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:40 PM
> To: Jules Verne Forum
> Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability
>
> Thanks so much, Rick and Garmt! I had looked at the Amazon.fr pages, of course, but was wary of trans-Atlantic shipping. However, given your recommendations, I'm no longer concerned. Thanks for your help, and for pardoning my ignorance.
>
> So, unless anyone else has other methods to offer, I'll go with Amazon.
>
> Alex
>
>
> On May 17, 2012, at 10:26 AM, "Rick Walter" <rick1walter~at~comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes, Amazon.fr is astonishingly efficient -- I've ordered dozens of items from them using my regular amazon acct., and their normal delivery barely takes a week. In fact,
>> I've placed both domestic and overseas orders on the same day and have seen the latter arrive first.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> Frederick Paul Walter
>> Albuquerque, New Mexico
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Garmt de Vries-Uiterweerd" <garmtdevries~at~gmail.com>
>> To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>
>> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:56 AM
>> Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability
>>
>>
>>> Alex,
>>>
>>> Why don't you just order from amazon.fr? A search for "verne pleiade"
>>> shows both the coffret and the single volumes. I'm sure they can be
>>> shipped to the US.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Garmt.
>>>
>>> On 17 May 2012 16:01, Alex Kirstukas <infernalnonsense~at~yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>> Just a quick question about the new Verne volumes in the Bibliotheque de la Pleiade - I've been looking forward to this release for quite some time, but so far I haven't found a bookseller who deals with Pleiade volumes. Can any American members of the Forum advise me as to the best way to purchase the volumes? Private replies are fine.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>>
>>>> Alex
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
Received on Fri 18 May 2012 - 18:12:01 IDT