Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability

Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:33:45 +0200
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

L'album JV "gratuit" revendu quasiment au prix d'un volume de la pléiade neuf, voilà de l'argent facilement gagné !... surtout quand le vendeur est un particulier qui ne paie pas de taxe sur le chiffre d'affaire comme un professionnel. Les albums de la Pléiade apparemment sont l'objet, dès leur sortie, d'un trafic qui dessert son objectif initial càd, si j'ai bien compris, d'aider les libraires indépendants. Je ne suis pas sûr que notre grand Jules apprécierait ... mais il savait déjà que les lois de la la nature (dans son sens le plus large) sont a-morales ... et ce ne sont pas les principes de l'idéologie néolibérale dominante qui vont changer quelque chose en ce domaine ... bien au contraire :-)

Que ceux que mes propos ont choqués veuillent bien accepter mes excuses ...

Jean-Pierre

Le 18 mai 2012 à 17:10, Bernhard Krauth a écrit :

> That is the point – I was thinking about making order for the 2 JV vol and some additional – but I presume amazon or even other online-offerings do NOT include the free Album. Actually I am looking on a good number of them offered at ebay.fr, but additionally to the price there is almost allways a high amount for postage...
>
> Bernhard
>
>
>
>
> mail from:
>
> Bernhard Krauth
>
> have a look at:
>
> www.jules-verne.eu
> www.jules-verne-club.de
> www.bernhard-krauth.de
> www.bremerhavenpilot.de
>
> From: Jean-Pierre Boutin
> Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:01 PM
> To: Jules Verne Forum
> Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability
>
> I should add to the information given by Marie-Hélène the following:
> 1 - you must buy 3 tittles from the Pleiade collection to get free the Pleiade "Album Jules Verne"
> 2- this offer is valid for 1 month (i.e. it ends 15/05/2012). The book seller said me that the albums are usually out of print before the deadline
> 3- It seems me that the offer is only valid in book shops (it is said on the album case that it is a gift from the book seller). I am not sure that Internet merchants such as Amazon et al. offer the same service. I personally got my Pleiade "Album Jules Verne" in a FNAC book shop (buying the 2 JV vol. and the Edgar Allan Poe vol. "Oeuvres en prose").
> Enjoy,
> Jean-Pierre
>
>
>
> Le 17 mai 2012 à 19:35, Marie-Helene Huet a écrit :
>
> > There is also an album Jules Verne, which is not for sale but offered during a one-month period with the purchase of 2 or 3 titles from the Pleiade. I am not sure how this works by mail, but it would be worthwhile asking the seller about it. The album was edited by Francois Angelier and has splendid images and photographs I had never seen. I could make additional inquiries about the album if anyone is interested.
> >
> > Marie-Hélène
> >
> > ________________________________________
> > From: owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il [owner-jvf~at~Gilead.org.il] on behalf of Alex Kirstukas [infernalnonsense~at~yahoo.com]
> > Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:40 PM
> > To: Jules Verne Forum
> > Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability
> >
> > Thanks so much, Rick and Garmt! I had looked at the Amazon.fr pages, of course, but was wary of trans-Atlantic shipping. However, given your recommendations, I'm no longer concerned. Thanks for your help, and for pardoning my ignorance.
> >
> > So, unless anyone else has other methods to offer, I'll go with Amazon.
> >
> > Alex
> >
> >
> > On May 17, 2012, at 10:26 AM, "Rick Walter" <rick1walter~at~comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, Amazon.fr is astonishingly efficient -- I've ordered dozens of items from them using my regular amazon acct., and their normal delivery barely takes a week. In fact,
> >> I've placed both domestic and overseas orders on the same day and have seen the latter arrive first.
> >>
> >> All the best,
> >>
> >> Rick
> >>
> >> Frederick Paul Walter
> >> Albuquerque, New Mexico
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Garmt de Vries-Uiterweerd" <garmtdevries~at~gmail.com>
> >> To: "Jules Verne Forum" <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il>
> >> Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:56 AM
> >> Subject: Re: Verne in the Pleiade - American availability
> >>
> >>
> >>> Alex,
> >>>
> >>> Why don't you just order from amazon.fr? A search for "verne pleiade"
> >>> shows both the coffret and the single volumes. I'm sure they can be
> >>> shipped to the US.
> >>>
> >>> Cheers,
> >>> Garmt.
> >>>
> >>> On 17 May 2012 16:01, Alex Kirstukas <infernalnonsense~at~yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>>> Just a quick question about the new Verne volumes in the Bibliotheque de la Pleiade - I've been looking forward to this release for quite some time, but so far I haven't found a bookseller who deals with Pleiade volumes. Can any American members of the Forum advise me as to the best way to purchase the volumes? Private replies are fine.
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks,
> >>>>
> >>>> Alex
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>
>