Jules Verne Forum

<jvf@Gilead.org.il>

[Email][Members][Photos][Archive][Search][FAQ][Passwd][private]

Re: I may now be a Vernian councillor, but Mr. Fogg wasn't

Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 05:51:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~gilead.org.il>

A charming idea, Harry! However, it seems unfair to burden Mr. Fogg's inbox with our (often delightfully obscure!) discussions if he isn't already a Verne fan. Perhaps you should simply ask him whether he's read his fictional ancestor's adventures. All the best, Alex ________________________________ From: Harry Hayfield <harryhayfield~at~gmail.com> To: Jules Verne Forum <jvf~at~Gilead.org.il> Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:45 AM Subject: I may now be a Vernian councillor, but Mr. Fogg wasn't As members will recall, whilst tallying the nominations for the local elections in Wales, I highlighted that a Michael William Edward FOGG was standing for Labour in the Penylan ward of Cardiff Council. I have just found the results for Cardiff and have just tallied the results for Penylan and have to report that Mr. Fogg was not successful in his attempt to be elected. The results were:   Liberal Democrats 53% (-1% on 2008) Labour 26% (+10% on 2008) Conservatives 10% (-8% on 2008) Plaid Cymru 7% (-1% on 2008) Greens 3% (+3% on 2008)   and in terms of votes cast, Mr. Fogg missed out on election by 1,025 votes (8%). May I therefore be permitted to suggest that we ask him to join our group as an associate member by virtue of having a Vernian surname?
Received on Thu 24 May 2012 - 15:51:47 IDT

hypermail 2.2.0 JV.Gilead.org.il
Copyright © Zvi Har’El
$Date: 2012/05/24 14:00:04 $$